COVID-19 Measurers Impacts CSBC Services
In light of the recommendation by the Springfield-Greene County Health Department, and to minimize exposure, we have just one service Sunday, March 15 – the 10:30 Worship service. Nursery and Junior Churches will be in place. We will not have GROW outreach Monday night. Nor will we meet for Prayer & Bible Studies or Awana on Wednesday evening of this week.
To read the full update, click here.
Ministry Continues—You Can Make A Difference
During this time, while things might look different as far as our services are concerned, people still need to be cared for and prayed with in their hurts, encouraged and discipled in their walk with the Lord, taught the Word of God, and reached with the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. Special times create special opportunities for ministry. We learned during our recent Sunday morning series that one of the marks of true disciples is that we were not saved to serve the Lord alone. During this time, we are asking everyone to reach out to others in our church family to minister to those in need. If you are willing to serve others in some capacity, on the phone or in person, we have a special place set up on our website where you can volunteer. Go to mycsbc.com and click on Able & Available, or click here.
Keep Informed Via Web, Realm Connect, & Facebook
This is a very fluid situation. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make the adjustments to our church service and ministry schedules as necessary. We want to be flexible now and resume our regular ministry schedules as soon as it is prudent to do so.
Streaming Services On YouTube
Beginning this Wednesday, even if we don’t meet together in our facilities, we will be streaming preaching and/or teaching ministries on our YouTube channel. Go to www.youtube.com then search for “Cherry Street Baptist Springfield.” You can subscribe and view these services during our regular service schedule times. If you need help finding this or setting this up in your home, please contact the church office, and we will help you.
Other Helpful Measures
- Our facilities team is working diligently to keep high-contact surfaces and heavily-trafficked areas clean and disinfected.
- We have implemented “door volunteers” to minimize contact on the most used doors.
- When you greet others at church, we ask you do so verbally with a smile and/or wave rather than a handshake. We will ask our greeters to do the same.
- We are encouraging everyone to take the following personal precautions:
- Wash hands often. Try not to touch your mouth, nose and face.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Immediately dispose of the tissues in trash cans and wash hands as soon as possible.
- If you or a family member have a temperature, respiratory challenges, have a weakened immune system, health concerns or are not feeling well, we encourage you to stay home and join us online.
- When we meet, we must follow a strict well-child policy in our nurseries and Children’s ministry.
How to Pray During This Time
- Pray that those who have the virus will be healed, and that its spread would slow and soon be eradicated.
- Pray that government agencies would have wisdom and skill in containing the epidemic, and that doctors and nurses would be energized for their work.
- Pray for scientists and biomedical engineers scrambling to find a cure and immunization against this virus.
- Pray that gospel conversations will be had by salt and light Christians, true disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for our church unity. Satan would love to use this opportunity to cause disunity among brothers and sisters.
- Pray for wisdom in how to minister during this time to our church family and the lost community.
- Pray for our church family – for their health, finances and encouragement during this difficult season.