Facebook Live Tips For Teachers
by Micah Young
Tips to make your Facebook Live experience successful
- Remember, you will be live on video the whole time. Be natural and relax as much as possible. Remember, you are just talking to the people in your class. They will be encouraged to see a friendly face. We know this is out of the ordinary and out of many comfort zones. But, we believe that God can and will use this time to reach people.
- Be aware of your surroundings visually as well as audibly. Be in a quiet place with a neutral background. Eliminate as many distractions as possible.
- Make sure you are in a well lit area and that your face can be seen.
- Greet people as they “join” the live stream. Their name will appear in view of the screen. They will not be able to audibly respond to you, but they can type comments in for you to see.
- Remind everyone that this is a live video and all comments are seen by everyone. We encourage positive interaction, but try to remember that the teacher is still teaching the lesson and to try to minimize distractions for you.
- Interact with comments as you can. Your class members might have a question relating to the lesson. Read the comment aloud, acknowledging who sent it, and answer the best you can.
- Remember to have someone in your group take “attendance” by recording who viewed the livestream. Turn this in to Jason at email@example.com .
- Remind everyone to go to the church website for the live stream service at 10:30 a.m. www.mycsbc.com/messages
- Make notes of any issues you may have come across in your class time and contact Jason this week if you need help resolving them.
- Remember, we have prayed for you and are continuing to pray for you now!
- Thank you for your willingness to serve your class and church family in such an out of the box way!